Drama. I nearly lost it at one point today. At dinner, I took a few bites of the baked penne, and well... didn't like it. Tried the broccoli, didn't like those. I must have muttered something, and my table mates asked what was up. I told them. They said, ask for something different! Normally, this is a very difficult thing for me to do (believe it or not). So, I did. The server said, well, since you started eating it, that's all you can have... and walked away. I stared to tear up. But, I did NOT want to lose it at dinner. The girls at my table really did step in, cheer me up.. got me to go get a side salad, and essentially derailed a complete *mood* that was settling in. It would have been an ugly mood, not just crying, but the kind of *thing* that can settle in and takes DAYS to go away... a ride down a spiral to a very dark place. So, I'm grateful for them today... very much so.
I've decided to pretty much skip the optional 6am stretch class - this week. The problem is that because I'm in week 1, there are lectures ever night after dinner. So our day doesn't end until 7pm. Add in a shower, a blog entry & surfing (to unwind ... have not yet turned on the TV), and I went to bed @9pm last night.. tonight will be more like 10pm (because I got a massage). I haven't been sleeping well - partly due to detox (from processed carbs & sugar), partly from nerves. In any case, tonight I took some Advil PMs because I must get solid sleep. Anyway... I got off-track... getting to bed then, makes it difficult to get up at 5 or 5:30. So, this week, no stretch class. Next week, when there are no after-dinner lectures, then I'll try to add them back in.
Ok, some notes:
- Did the beach hike - or slightly modified version because of being in the 101 group.
- Still managed to do 4 miles.
- Took a road for part of it (on the way back), which had us pass some richy-rich houses, so that was kinda cool to see. BUT, the road, took a STEEP switchback curve... had to be at least 15% grade. Thankfully, we were going downhill at this point. But I learned something, going downhill that steep makes your quads BURN.
- Best thing I've been doing is making sure I wear a hat during the hikes & wear sun screen. I burn very easily and have avoided getting a burn on my scalp (my hair part usually gets one)
- Stretch class after the hike was AWESOME
- Total Toning with Ursula... in 2 days, THAT class made me sweat the MOST, it was literally dripping off of me. Resistance bands, tough.
- h20 intervals - Sam taught this class. OMG, I didn't think I could get my heart rate up to 160 while in the pool!! (my polar FT7 works in the water, excellent!). Had some fun in that class, although it was tough!
- cardio intervals - didn't have much in the tank left for this one, so, I wasn't able to give it my all, but I did push a little bit in spots.
- Total calorie burn (from 7am-5:30pm) was only 2400. A bit of a let-down actually.
- Olivia asked in a comment from yesterday about the electrolyte tablets. I took a picture of the container. There are 16 tablets in there, and I bought them here. I strongly recommend them. Now, at lunch, I drop a tablet in my water glass & drink it right there... gives me a bit of a pick-me up. Bye bye headaches & shakiness.
- Sorry the dinner pics are kind of dark. I tried futzing with the settings, but, my brain hurt.
- Forgot to take a pic of breakfast.... scrambled eggs & 2 french toast (yes, seriously), even with a 1 oz serving of pure maple syrup!
- make sure to check out the pics, there's one of me in it :)
- Easy... that I didn't book an 80 minute massage instead of a 50 minute one! (Swedish massage)
Remember, click on the images to open a new page to see larger versions!