Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3 days to go...

In looking at some other people's blogs, I found these 2 videos that are pretty interesting for anyone that wants to know more about what goes on at Fitness Ridge. Granted they show the resort in Utah, the fundamentals are the same for the one in Malibu. So I thought you guys might like to see them:


   Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8_G3P6LpK8  
   Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT571hI3HEo


Plus a great article link: http://www.walletpop.com/2010/02/13/the-price-of-thin-weighing-in-on-the-biggest-loser-resort-at-fi/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook


Work is hectic and I'm anxious for this week to end. I'm a little stressed about packing, so we'll see how that goes. I think this may be the first trip in my life where I have 2 suitcases! When we went to Thailand for 3 weeks, I didn't even have 2 suitcases! (duffel bags don't count!) I think a good third of the suitcase is non-clothes/shoes. It's like every supply imaginable that I might need - from Motrin, to heating pad, IcyHot, neosporin, blister case stuff (moleskin, vaseline, blister band-aid), CamelBak hydration pack, and the list just keeps going! Like I said, my tendency is to over-research, over-prepare and over-pack. So, check, check and check!! LOL


Except, there is ONE thing I cannot find that was on my packing list. I have a bit of acid reflux. I thought for sure when I quit smoking (officially 22 months ago), it would get better. It didn't. Then, I thought when I quit Diet Coke (18 days ago), it would improve. It still hasn't. For me, nothing works like Pepcid Complete. And for whatever reason, Northern New Jersey does not have it - anywhere! They only seem to carry Tums, which doesn't cut it for me. Grrrr.  ... Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
I don't know, maybe it's stressed induced. The work week before a normal vacation is busy enough, but before 4 weeks off? It seems every time I finish 1 to-do list item, there are 3 more to take it's place. And frankly, I'm very tired. :( 


By the way, if you're interested in my non-quest stuff (although travel is an on-going life quest). Here's some pics we took while in Thailand and Cambodia back in 2007. 


   Travel photos: http://www.bluepeanutstudios.com/Travel/Asia 


It hardly feels real that I'll be there in a matter of a few days.......

No comments:

Post a Comment